Ubiquinol is backed by more than 10 years of clinical research.
Find out more about Ubiquinol’s health benefits and why switching from CoQ10 to Ubiquinol can benefit you.
Ubiquinol Fast Facts
CoQ10, and its more active form, Ubiquinol, play a vital role in supporting cellular energy. They are concentrated in organs that require the most energy, such as the heart, kidney, liver and muscles.1, 9
Ubiquinol is the active and the major form of CoQ10 that naturally occurs in the body – more than 95% of the total CoQ10 in plasma in a young, healthy body is in the Ubiquinol form.4,5
As we age, CoQ10 content in several organs is decreased9 and our body may converts less CoQ10 to Ubiquinol, thereby reducing essential antioxidant protection.
Ubiquinol’s antioxidant ability helps to “mop up” harmful free radicals that contribute to oxidative stress.8,9
Ubiquinol is more easily absorbed than standard CoQ10.2,3
Ubiquinol helps reduce muscle pain associated with cholesterol lowering statin medicines.6,7
Ubiquinol supplementation may enhance peak power production in trained athletes.10
Authors: Kloer H-U, Berlardinelli R, Ruchong O, Rosenfeldt F
Published: Heart, Lung and Circulation (2020) 29, 188–195 1443-9506/04
Authors: Kumar A, Singh RB, Saxena M, Niaz MA, Josh SR, Chattopadhyay P, Mechirova V, Pella D, Fedacko J.
Published: Acta Cardiologica, 62(4):349-54, 2007
Authors: Mortensen SA, Rosenfeldt F, Kumar A, Dolliner P, Filipiak KJ, Pella D, Alehagen U, Steurer G, Littarru GP, Q-SYMBIO Investigators.
Published: JACC: Heart Failure, 2(6):641-9, 2014
Authors: Sarmiento A, Diaz-Castro J, Pulido-Moran M, Moreno-Fernandez J, Kajarabille N, Chirosa I, Guisado IM, Javier Chirosa L, Guisado R, Ochoa J.
Published: Biofactors, 42(6):612-622, 2016
Our Brand Partners
- Saini R. Coenzyme Q10: The essential nutrient. Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Sciences. 2011;3(3):466-467.
- Evans M, Baisley J, Barss S, Guthrie N. A randomized, double-blind trial on the bioavailability of two CoQ10 formulations. Journal of Functional Foods, 2009; 1(1):65-73
- Langsjoen, P. H. and Langsjoen, A. M. (2014), Comparison study of plasma coenzyme Q10 levels in healthy subjects supplemented with ubiquinol versus ubiquinone. Clinical Pharmacology in Drug Development, 3: 13–17.
- Wada H et al (2007) Redox status of coenzyme Q10 is associated with chronological age. JAGS; 55: 1141-1142.
- Bhagavan HN, Chopra RK. Plasma coenzyme Q10 response to oral ingestion of coenzyme Q10 formulations. Mitchondrion 2007;S7:S78-88.
- Skarlovnik A, Janic M, Lunder M, Turk M, Sabovic M. Coenzyme Q10 Supplementation Decreases Statin-Relted Mild-to-Moderate Muscle Symptoms: A Randomized Clinical Study. Med Sci Monit, 2014; 20:2183-2188.
- Zlatohlavek, L, et al. The effect of coenzyme Q10 in statin myopathy. Neuroendocrinol Letters, 2012; 33: 98-101
- Rahman K. Studies on free radicals, antioxidants, and co-factors. Clinical Interventions in Aging. 2007;2(2):219-236.
- Ernster L, Dallner G. Biochemical, physiological and medical aspects of ubiquinone function. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995;1271(1):195-204.
- Alf D, Schmidt ME, Siebrecht SC. Ubiquinol supplementation enhances peak power production in trained athletes: a double-blind, placebo controlled study. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2013;10:24.